Crown College - Campus Registered Nurse
Crown College has approximately 500 residential undergraduate students on a single campus located at 8700 College View Dr., St. Bonifacius, Minnesota, 55375
The Campus Registered Nurse provides nursing services to individuals served within the campus
community according to professional nursing standards and college health policy.
20-25 hours per week, Monday to Friday, mid-August through mid-May, excluding holiday breaks
Occasional evening and weekend events
Wage range is $28.00 - $32.00 per hour
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
· Oversite of the Health Services annual budget.
· Maintains first-aid supplies, over-the-counter medications, health teaching resources and
durable medical equipment in the Health Service Office.
· Maintains first-aid supplies for Residence Life staff.
· Coordinates training on health-related topics for Residence Life staff.
· Reviews student health records for compliance with state-mandated immunization and health
· Performs nursing assessment to provide developmentally appropriate, culturally sensitive, and
diverse patient-centered health care to individuals served within the campus community.
· Determines a plan of care based on nursing assessment to promote optimal wellness to include
referral to campus services and healthcare providers.
· Performs lab testing to include COVID-19 and Strep A.
· Maintains a record of visits to Health Service Office.
· Responds to medical emergencies on campus and activates Emergency Medical Services as
· Arranges annual influenza vaccine clinic for campus community.
· Oversite of automatic external defibrillators (AED’s) program on campus.
· Provides annual OSHA blood borne pathogen education to at-risk employees.
· Participates on campus Committees as assigned.
· Participates in off-campus and local Health Community Partners Meeting to help with college
planning for disaster and public health emergency response.
· Collaborates with local and state public health partners on individual and worksite wellness and
· Attends annual Welcome Week, Homecoming and Commencement events.
· Reviews and updates Health Services information in college handbook, and website.
· Partners with local public health and medical providers to investigate cases, mitigate illness
spread and communicate necessary information to college administration, faculty/staff, and
students of vaccine preventable and communicable disease outbreaks on campus. Triage local
Health Alerts and determine college response if needed.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
· Knowledge of current state College Health Nursing Standards of Practice.
· Participates in ongoing educational opportunities related to clinical knowledge and enhancing
· Ability to apply the nursing process to gather and analyze patient health information to deliver
holistic patient-focused care in accordance with Professional Nursing Standards of Practice.
· Communicates appropriately and effectively with students, parents, administrators, and other
· Ability in using computer software programs, presentation technology, and Web based systems
(including MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Jenzabar EX)
· Ability to collaborate with campus employees, local healthcare providers, EMS and local and
state healthcare governing agencies
· Demonstrates compliance with current HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability
Act and FERPA (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act).
· Agrees with the Crown College Statement of Faith and Community Covenant
· Practices Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Regulations
· Current unrestricted Minnesota Registered Nursing license
· Current Healthcare provider BLS certification
· BSN or BAN degree
· Public Health Nurse certification (PHN)
· School nursing experience and/or Licensed School Nurse credential
· Occupational health nursing experience and certification
Email Cover Letter and Resume to email@example.com