School Nurse for Jordan Middle School
Under the direction of the Licensed School Nurse (LSN) and district policies, is responsible for implementation of individual student health plans, caring for ill and injured students, medication administration and maintaining student health records. Work with students, parents/guardians, and staff to maintain the health and wellbeing of all.
• Graduate of an accredited LPN or RN program
• Current LPN or RN license
• Current CPR and First Aid Certification
• Two plus years’ experience in a healthcare setting preferred
• Previous experience working with an electronic medical record system preferred
Apply online @ www.jordan.k12.mn.us
Wayzata Public Schools is currently seeking a Licensed School Nurse to enhance participation in the Wayzata Public Schools School Age Care programs for students by the modification or removal of barriers to participation and by promotion of optimal levels of wellness and safety at the 9 elementary sites.
Participate in planning programs in order to minimize health problems of students that may interfere with their out-of-school time needs.
Develop, implement, and evaluate School Age Care health program goals, objectives, and procedures.
Participate in planning full-day preschool programs in order to minimize health problems of students that may interfere with their learning.
Provide direct and delegated care and/or service to Community Ed youth programs participants.
Support district and on-site program staff with emergency care and support Community Ed youth programs with daily student health services
School Nurse license preferred. Current Minnesota RN. Current certification in Crisis Prevention Intervention, CPR/AED and First Aid (district provided). Must have and maintain a valid Minnesota Driver’s License. Must clear DHS background check and fingerprinting for State Certification.
Apply on line at www.wayzataschools.org/apply
Internal Applicants must complete the Internal Application
About Camp Fire Minnesota
Camp Fire Minnesota “lights the spark” in over 5,000 K-12 youth each year through nature-based experiences. Our programs include summer camp, STEM, environmental education, and teambuilding school field trips at Tanadoona, in-school STEM and environmental education, and community-based before/after-school and summer nature programs.
We are proud to offer inclusive and welcoming programs to all youth. To this end, over 40% of youth who participate in Camp Fire Minnesota programs receive financial aid. As a result of their Camp Fire experience, 90% of youth report valuing nature and stewarding the environment.
Our summer camps at Tanadoona in Chanhassen and Camp Bluewater in Grand Rapids offer youth and teens progressive, nature-based learning through day, specialty day, overnight, adventure and leadership development camps. Tanadoona is an ACA accredited camp.
3300 Tanadoona Dr.
Excelsior, MN 55331
• Order supplies as for health office
• Sets up health office (physical environment, organize supplies, laptop, etc.)
• Updates and organizes health forms, policies, records, procedures, etc.
• Conducts staff in-service, teaching topics including camper and staff health and safety (blood borne pathogens, life-threatening allergies, chronic health conditions) and health office procedures.
• Meets individually with all staff to review personal health history and needs including storage of their medication.
Camp Session Duties:
• Reviews health needs of all campers prior to each session. Create health plans as needed.
• Communicates camper health needs to staff on an as needed basis before camper arrives.
• When camper arrives, review with parent all campers’ health information and needs.
• Double checks that all items camper needs for taking medication are available at camp or parent has supplied
• Completes medication schedule/distribution and communicate plan to staff per cabin group
• Creates medication distribution plan and implement (ex. unit dose system).
• Follow camper medication schedules and ensure proper medication distribution and delegate to Health and Wellness Coordinator as needed.
• Facilitates to other camper/staff health related needs throughout camp session
• Attends to any medical/first aid needs during camp session
• Acts as a liaison with Tanadoona Health Team, local doctors, hospitals, and pharmacies.
• Be on call or available at all times during camp session
• Notifies Outdoor Programs Manager of serious behavior, injuries or illnesses of campers or staff. Complete camp accident report per guidelines.
• Works as a team, help each other out, and communicate needs directly to Outdoor Programs Manager
• At the end of each session, packs up any remaining medications or supplies and directs Health and Wellness Coordinator to return to parents/caregiver at camper pick-up
• When medications are left at camp, notifies parents and arrange a pick-up plan.
Post Camp Duties:
• Inventories all health supplies and stock medication. Create inventory needs list for the next year.
• Updates all health office documentation
• Current Minnesota Registered Nurse State license, in good standing
• Minimum three years’ experience in an acute care setting, preferably ED or Urgent Care
• Current CPR and First Aid certification
• Respect and maintain confidentiality of all camper and staff health information.
• Experience working with children and adolescents
• Excellent communication skills (ability to work collaboratively with staff, campers, and parents)
• Must be flexible, have ability to adapt to ever changing situations
• Kind, caring, generous and patient personality
• Creative and innovative
• Excellent problem-solving skills and organized
• Self-directed and demonstrates positive le
Submit an application, found here.
Mail: Camp Fire Minnesota, Attn: Camp Staff, 4829 Minnetonka Boulevard, Suite 202, St. Louis Park, MN 55416