Woodcrest Spanish Immersion Elementary, with students in grades K-4.
Duties of this job include, but are not limited to...
• administer medication;
• manage students with chronic diseases;
• upkeep daily online charting and maintain student health records;
• obtain all health-related forms for individual student's needs;
• gather immunization records and follow through with compliance standards;
• submit annual immunization and communicable diseases reports to MDH, by the required deadline;
• screen for vision and hearing;
• implement health related services on Individualized Education Plans (IEPs), as requested by special education or other school administrators;
• follow written emergency plans and Individual Health Plans (IHPs;
• consult with other school staff as necessary to promote total health and wellness of students and staff;
• participate in the Crisis Response Team (CRT), as requested;
• provide staff training as needed
• participate in 3rd party billing, as directed;
• uphold confidentiality at all times regarding students and staff; and
• work under the direction of the Lead Nurse.
• bilingual abilities, Spanish/English preferred, but not required
• collaboration with colleagues;
• their enthusiasm to work with students;
• commitment to ongoing learning, as evidenced by graduate-level work or an earned degree, and/or participation in professional development and conferences;
• experience and expertise as a Registered Nurse (R.N.), having worked in the health industry; and
• knowledge of and application of CPR procedures, dispensing of medication, triage strategies, technology use, and organizational plans.
Minnesota Licensed Registered Nurse (R.N.)
This position will remain open until filled. Individuals who wish to be considered for this position must apply online at: https://www.applitrack.com/district16/onlineapp/default.aspx. Only qualified and appropriately licensed individuals will be considered for an interview.
Building to be determined
● Identify, prioritize and provide first aid management and emergency care to students within scope of authority and training in compliance with the MN Nurse Practice Act and current policies/procedures.
● Assess the health status of students and develop individual health plans as appropriate.
● Provide consultation, education, and support to students, families and staff for student health needs.
● Delegate and supervise duties carried out by health education assistants, if applicable.
● Perform nursing care procedures and administer medications necessary for students to participate in their school day per the MN Nurse Practice Act and current policies/procedures.
● Maintain student health records, ensuring confidentiality.
● Administer screening programs at appropriate grade levels.
● Provide monitoring of the school environment to prevent and control communicable disease.
● Interpret and communicate public health guidance to students, families and staff.
● Monitor and maintain student immunization records based on current state law school entrance requirements.
● Work with community resources to enhance health services to students when appropriate.
● Actively collaborate with the district health services team through department meetings and a Professional Learning Community (PLC) with the aim of improving health at your school(s) and district wide.
● Collaborate with the special education team to ensure student success. Duties include attending special education meetings, providing supervision to special education assistants as needed, completing paperwork as required by MN 3rd Party Billing guidelines, documenting health assessments for special education and other duties as assigned.
● Other tasks as assigned.
● Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN), current MN Registered Nurse (RN) license, certified Public Health Nurse (PHN) and current MN School Nurse licensure (LSN) from the Board of Education. If not currently licensed as a school nurse, the individual will be required to apply for and obtain a school nurse license. This process usually requires the completion of some simple paperwork rather than additional education if the applicant has a BSN, RN, and PHN.
● LSN and/or Pediatric experience preferred
● Current CPR/AED certification
● Current first aid certification
● Basic computer skills
● Exceptional time management and communication skills
● Ability to work well with students, staff and parents/guardians from diverse backgrounds
Apply on-line at http://www.applitrack.com/rdale/onlineapp/
POSTING OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Under the direction of the Director of Special Education and the Building Principal, the Licensed School Nurse provides preventative health services to facilitate the student's optimal physical, mental, emotional and social growth and development. The incumbent is responsible for the maintenance of student health records and assures health services support staff are trained appropriately on protocols outlined in the health records.
Qualified candidates will hold a School Nurse license issued by the Minnesota Professional Educator Licensing and Standards Board and hold current RN certification from the Minnesota Board of Nursing. Current CPR and First Aid certification required. The incumbent should have knowledge, skills, and abilities in the areas of public/community health, communicable disease, health advocacy, and applicable laws and regulations associated with school health programs.
Interested candidates should complete online application at www.winonaschools.org.
Friendly Hills Middle School/ISD 197
RN and LSN Licensure
Stacie O'Leary at (651) 403-8040
Multiple buildings: Secondary
Bachelor's degree in Nursing and the following:
• Currently licensed as a Professional Registered Nurse by the Minnesota Board of Nursing.
• Currently certified as a Public Health Nurse (PHN) by the Minnesota Board of Nursing.
• Currently licensed as a Public School Nurse by the Minnesota Department of Education (if
not currently licensed, will be required to obtain license.)
Apply online: Application and Job Description
Jane Riesberg, Manager of Health Services