Twin Cities International Schools (K-8)*
277 12th Avenue North
Minneapolis, MN 55401
School population: Up to 1,100 students
*Twin Cities International Elementary School (K-4) will merge with Minnesota International Middle School (5-8) on July 1st, 2018 to be known as: Twin Cities International Schools (K-8).
Purpose: To provide preventative health services to facilitate students' optimum physical, mental, emotional and social growth and development. Facilitate health care planning, assessment, screening, documentation and complete medical procedures as needed. Follows all state and local health practice statutes, school policies and administrative guidelines.
Duties Include, but not limited to: Provide daily health care needs to students and staff as needed, maintains and updates student health records, performs health screenings and assessments for students referred for possible health concerns, screens and evaluates findings during screenings, provides assessment, intervention, evaluation and referral for medical care for students with chronic conditions and/or emergency conditions, coordinates the usage/supply of first aid supplies, plans and implements school health management policies and protocols, any additional duties as assigned.
*Bachelor's degree in Nursing plus the following requirements:
*Licensed as Professional Registered Nurse by Minnesota Board of Nursing
*Certified as a Public Health Nurse by the Minnesota Board of Nursing
*Licensed as a Public School Nurse by Minnesota Department of Education or required to obtain license if not currently licensed
*CPR/First Aid certification
*Ability to triage, react quickly, calmly and decisively
*Good oral and written communication skills
*Ability to maintain confidentiality
To apply for position, please copy/click on link below and click on "apply" on web page. Application will be submitted to Twin Cities International Elementary School.
TCIS uses the Applitrack/Frontline application system:
For more information or questions, please contact:
Paul Ditter, Human Resources
P: (612) 465-8412 Fax:(612) 465-8466
General Purpose of Job: To inspire and prepare all students with the confidence, courage, and competence to achieve their dreams; contribute to community; and engage in a lifetime of learning.
Primary Functions: To provide leadership to the district's health services program; ensure District's compliance with State and Federal mandates; provide emergency care to sick or injured students; appraise health status of students and school personnel; counsel students, parents, and staff regarding health issues; conduct preventative and health education services; provide oversight to Registered Nurse, Licensed Practical Nurse and Unlicensed Assistant Personnel as necessary; and, support the day to day duties of all district health offices, including non-public sites.
• Serve as a district-wide liaison with county and state physicians and agencies providing health services in order to coordinate delivery of services in the district
• Serve on advisory boards, as requested
• Communicate requirements and needs for the health services program to Student Services Coordinator
• Assess program needs, including maintenance of equipment, and establish goals for the program
• Identify professional development needs of the health services program and plan for professional development opportunities
• Engage in inter-departmental collaboration to support continuous program improvement along with Student Services Coordinator
• Serve as health consultant to school district staff and other stakeholders
• Lead for the revision of forms and procedures for the health services program
• Plan, convene and facilitate learning at periodic meetings with health services staff to coordinate services across the district
• Collect and summarize data requested by the State Health Department and file reports
• Remain informed on State Health Department rules and recommendations pertaining to the delivery of health services in schools and coordination with community agencies
• Submit recommendations for expenditures to Student Services Coordinator
• Conduct and make arrangements for new employee orientation for health services specialists and substitutes
• Delegate and oversee designated nursing procedures to RN/LPN/UAP and act as a consultant to them
• Complete designated duties of Qualified Professional in alignment with DHS requirements and District and MDE expectations
• Provide support to all of district health offices, including non-public sites
• Complete other responsibilities as assigned by Student Services Coordinator
• EDUCATION: Current license as RN, PHN and as an LSN by the Minnesota Department of Education
• SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES:
o Excellent communication, facilitation and interpersonal skills
o Ability to be flexible and responsive
o Skilled in establishing and maintaining positive working relationships with school and other agency personnel
o Ability to effectively collaborate with parents, students, staff, inter-departmental stakeholders, administration and community
o Ability to teach health information to groups of students/staff and counsel students and parents regarding health concerns
o Ability to interpret rules and procedures for other school and health professionals
o Knowledge of childhood and adolescent development
o Medical knowledge and skill in nursing techniques, basic first aid, health assessment skills, and current CPR certification
o Knowledge of DHS and MDE requirements
o Skill in problem solving
o Advanced technology skills
Please submit an application online through Applitrack at the following link. This position is open until filled.
The SouthWest Metro Intermediate District 288 has a full-time opening for a Licensed School Nurse.
Office location will be in one of our district buildings (Shakopee, Jordan and/or Chaska)
Services will be provided in our SWMetro district sites.
* Assess and implement interventions for student health needs in SWMetro Intermediate District programs.
* Implement and maintain district health policies
* Provide screening and referral for health conditions
* Participate in special education evaluations
* Provide leadership for provision of health services
* Serve as a liaison between school personnel, family, community and health care providers
* Demonstrate strong communication skills
* Minnesota Registered Nurse (RN)
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
* Public Health Nurse (PHN)
* Licensure as a school nurse (LSN) from the Minnesota Board of Education (within 60 days of hire).
Human Resources Coordinator