The SouthWest Metro Intermediate District #288 has two Full-Time opening for Licensed School Nurses beginning with the 2021-22 school year. Office location will be at the River Valley Education Center located in Jordan, MN or the Dean Lakes Educational Center in Shakopee, MN. Services will be provided in our SWMetro district sites. The incumbent would ideally start August 23rd, 2021 for new staff orientation.
SouthWest Metro serves students in 11 member districts and 6 associate member districts across the southwestern Twin Cities metropolitan area with programs in Special Education, Career and Technical Education, Care & Treatment, Adult Education, and Alternative Education.
We invite you to embrace your own value, potential, and ability at SouthWest Metro, while empowering others to discover theirs. We work to empower ALL learners to realize their self-worth through personalized educational instruction, connection to resources, and access to a supportive learning environment.
* Assess and implement interventions for student health needs in SWMetro Intermediate District programs.
* Implement and maintain district health policies
* Provide screening and referral for health conditions
* Participate in special education evaluations
* Provide leadership for provision of health services
* Serve as a liaison between school personnel, family, community and health care providers
* Demonstrate strong communication skills
* Minnesota Registered Nurse (RN)
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
* Public Health Nurse (PHN)
* Licensure as a school nurse (LSN) from the Minnesota Board of Education or interested in obtaining LSN license
Apply Online at: SouthWest Metro Intermediate District - Now Hiring
We will begin reviewing applications immediately through August 23rd, 2021 or until both positions have been filled.
This position is part-time and does not require in-person responsibility other than
annual in-person screening for vision and hearing. The position is hourly and hours vary,
with the most intensive work being in the fall and spring.
Job Goal: To serve as a resource for health concerns and preventive health policies in the school setting and coordinate communication with the school community.
Reports To: Building principal/Director
Responsibilities: To be performed in a manner consistent with professional standards, the Minnesota State Nurse Practice Act, state regulations and district policies.
1. Serves as liaison between the home, medical community, and the school regarding student health concerns.
2. Manages mandated school screening programs and school/sports physicals and follow-up.
3. Monitors the school environment and recommends changes to promote health and safety.
4. Coordinates school health services by managing the health office and supervising paraprofessionals.
5. Prepares and maintains accurate cumulative health records including immunizations.
6. Serves as a member of the building Child Support Team, as needed.
7. Reviews and evaluates school health services.
Hold current Minnesota State license as a Registered Professional Nurse.
Current certification in CPR.
Baccalaureate degree in nursing or related field.
Experience in pediatric and/or community or public health nursing.
Prior experience in school nursing.
To apply, contact:
Dr. Charlene (Char) Ellingson
Executive Director, Rochester STEM Academy
415 - 16th Street SW
Rochester, MN 55902
Bachelor's degree in Nursing and the following:
• Currently licensed as a Professional Registered Nurse by the Minnesota Board of Nursing.
• Currently certified as a Public Health Nurse (PHN) by the Minnesota Board of Nursing.
• Currently licensed as a Public School Nurse by the Minnesota Department of Education (if
not currently licensed, will be required to obtain license.)
Apply online: Application and Job Description
Rhianon Herman, Manager of Health Services