Valley View Middle School
Current MN Licensed School Nurse licensure required
Hold a Bachelors in Nursing
School Nursing experience, preferred
Apply online. Attach required documents online which include letter of interest, resume, transcripts, credentials or three letters of recommendations, and copy of license.
IF YOU HAVE ALREADY APPLIED ONLINE, log back into your online application and check the appropriate position on the vacancy desired page. If you have already sent in your required documents, please do not send those again.
To apply: Online Application
Please contact Shannon Jarosak for questions.
1 full time LSN position
Academia Cesar Chavez Charter School seeks an enthusiastic-team oriented, and experienced school nurse who will strengthen and facilitate the educational process by improving and protecting the health status of children. Provide nursing care to scholars and participate in the health and wellness program for the school population; including scholars with physically handicapping conditions. Enhance the educational process by the modification or removal of health-related barriers to learning and by promotion of an optimal level of wellness.
The ideal candidate must possess a baccalaureate degree and a current license to practice professional nursing in MN and must also have certifications as required by the MN Dept. of Education. The candidate should also have three or more years’ experience as a professional registered nurse and have experience working in school setting. Bilingual in Spanish is preferred but not required.
Visit this link below to learn more about Academia Cesar Chavez charter school.
Visit the link below to apply for School nurse position:
For questions about the position contact, Martha Dominguez at 651-294-4643
Dakota Hills Middle School, Eagan MN, Independent School District #196
Approximately 1200 students grades 6-8
achelor’s Degree in Nursing with Public Health Nurse Certification required with eligibility for Licensed School Nurse. Credit for previous school nursing experience, pediatric experience preferred.
Link to application and job description:
The St. Croix River Education District (SCRED) invites qualified School Nurse candidates to apply for an open position within North Branch Area Public Schools serving 7th through 12th grade, including the Alternative Learning Center (ALC) Transition programs, for the 2019-20 school year. North Branch is located just north of the Twin Cities metro area. This is a full-time position and includes Extended School Year (ESY) services.
This position is intended to enhance the student’s access to instruction and educational opportunities by minimizing or removing health-related barriers to learning, while promoting a safe environment for all students and staff.
Duties are to be performed in accordance with standards of professional nurse practice, district/state board of education policies and procedures and Minnesota State law regarding nurse practice. To provide first aid, hearing and vision screening, immunization tracking, monitoring for communicable diseases, managing students with chronic health conditions and special education needs, and participating in special education-related assessments as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN), current Minnesota Registered Nurse (RN) license, Public Health Nurse (PHN) certification and licensure as a Public School Nurse (PSN) from the Minnesota Professional and Educational Standards Licensing Board (PELSB). Licensed School Nurse experience, good communication, organization and computer skills.
Link for more information and how to apply:
Related Services Department
Provides leadership and oversight to the District’s nursing department through the development, planning and implementation of department goals and objectives. Ensures compliance with state and federal law and the Minnesota Nurse Practice Act.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Leads a comprehensive school health program including emergency nursing services, establishing procedures for service delivery and providing a reporting and recording system for continuity and accountability of programs.
• Supervises trains, coordinates and provides work direction for District nursing staff including the formal evaluation of School Health Specialists.
• Oversees the selection and assignment of school health staff in collaboration with the Related Services Manager.
• Provides leadership, support, consultation, and instruction for Licensed School Nurses, School Health Specialists and school staff regarding the health needs of individual and/ or groups of students.
• Collaborates with other staff members in planning to ensure quality of healthcare provided to students.
• Interprets health mandates, recommendations and trends to school personnel.
• Recommends and implements Board policies and procedures regarding district health services. Assures that such policies and related procedures comply with state and federal law and the Minnesota Nurse Practice Act.
• Assures that school health services and activities are appropriately documented according to professional nursing standards and that school health records are maintained following retention policies.
• Provides expertise and consultation to nursing staff regarding student specific health related concerns.
• Coordinates professional development and annual competencies for nursing staff.
• Analyzes district-wide information about the health and developmental status of students in a systematic and continuous manner.
• Coordinates nursing actions that promote, maintain, or restore health, prevent illness, and effect rehabilitation.
• Implements communicable disease control in the school, including monitoring, surveillance and participating in disease prevention and outbreak management within the school. Communicates and consults with Minnesota Department of Health for communicable disease control.
• Coordinates professional development and annual competencies for nursing staff.
• Serves as contact person for the District’s employee blood-borne pathogen exposure control plan.
• Supports third party billing efforts in coordination with the District.
• Provides nursing services for the District’s extended school year programs including development of nursing care plans with specific goals and interventions unique to students’ needs.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing from an accredited college or university.
• Valid Minnesota license as a Registered Nurse.
• Active Public Health Nurse Registration.
• Valid Public School Nurse license from the MN Professional Educator Licensing and Standards Board or the ability to obtain licensure.
• Certification in CPR.
• Master’s degree in Nursing, Public Health or related field.
Duties/Responsibilities: The essential job functions include, but are not limited to the following fundamental duties:
• Manage the care of individual students with special health needs through assessment, planning, assurance and evaluation.
• Provide nursing care and physical screening to students, assess students and implement first aid measures for students as needed.
• Develop and implement individual health and emergency health plans
• Assist students and families in obtaining health care in the community by referral to appropriate providers and agencies.
• Provides guidance and counseling in the area of health to students, staff, and parents according to professional standards.
• Reports all cases of diagnosed or suspected communicable disease to the necessary agencies.
• Act as liaison between families, staff, health care providers, and community agencies regarding students’ health needs.
• Reports environmental conditions which may adversely affect the safety and health of the students and staff.
• Maintain and review student health records to identify and interpret present and potential health problems to staff.
• Participate in the establishment of health-related protocols and policies.
• Maintain an inventory of health room supplies
• Complete required annual reports.
• Performs other duties non-instruction health-related duties and responsibilities as assigned by the school district.
• Demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills
• Registered Nurse with a Bachelor’s degree in nursing
• Be currently registered in Minnesota to practice as a licensed registered nurse under the Board of Nursing; and
• Be currently registered in Minnesota as a public health nurse under the Board of Nursing
• License as a Public School Nurse from Minnesota Department of Education.
• Current CPR Certification for the Healthcare Professional and current Frist Aid Certification.
• 1-2 years of experience working in a school setting; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
• Experience in a long term care setting.
Job Posting open until June 21, 2019 or until filled. Please apply online at www.isd316.org
Twin Cities International Schools (K-8)*
277 12th Avenue North
Minneapolis, MN 55401
School population: Up to 1,100 students
Purpose: To provide preventative health services to facilitate students' optimum physical, mental, emotional and social growth and development. Facilitate health care planning, assessment, screening, documentation and complete medical procedures as needed. Follows all state and local health practice statutes, school policies and administrative guidelines.
Duties Include, but not limited to: Provide daily health care needs to students and staff as needed, maintains and updates student health records, performs health screenings and assessments for students referred for possible health concerns, screens and evaluates findings during screenings, provides assessment, intervention, evaluation and referral for medical care for students with chronic conditions and/or emergency conditions, coordinates the usage/supply of first aid supplies, plans and implements school health management policies and protocols, any additional duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (must be current):
*Bachelor's degree in Nursing plus the following requirements:
*Licensed as Professional Registered Nurse by Minnesota Board of Nursing
*Certified as a Public Health Nurse by the Minnesota Board of Nursing
*Licensed as a Public School Nurse by Minnesota Department of Education or required to obtain license if not currently licensed
*CPR/First Aid certification
*Ability to triage, react quickly, calmly and decisively
*Good oral and written communication skills
*Ability to maintain confidentiality
To apply for position, please copy/click on link below and click on "apply" on web page.
TCIS uses the Applitrack/Frontline application system:
Position open until filled.
For more information or questions, please contact:
Paul Ditter, Human Resources
P: (612) 465-8410 Fax:(612) 465-8466
Mounds View Schools has 2 full-time positions available (1.0 FTE) for the 2019-2020 school year. Each position covers multiple sites within the district.
The LSN supervises LPN or RN health care specialists at each site. The LSN is a member of special educaiton Learner Study Teams. The LSN develops Individual Health/Emergency Plans, trains and supervises school staff implementing the plans. The LSN is a member of the Student Service Teams and provides professional consultation through the 504 Plan process. The LSN provides training and supervision for paraprofessionals providing PCA services through MA third party billing. The LSN will be one of a team of 6 LSNs district‐wide.
Eligibility for school nurse license from the MN Board of Education
Strong organizational skills
Interpersonal skills in working with diverse teams
Strong desire to work with the diverse needs of children and families
Apply online at moundsviewschools.org
Bev Zelinski, Student Service Director 651‐621‐6038