Mahtomedi Middle School/High School
MN LSN licensure required. The LSN is responsible for coordinating health care for individual students in order to meet all health care needs in a school setting. This position will work primarily at the Middle School and High School buildings and assist with special education assessments. Previous experience working in public schools with special education and medically fragile students preferred. Experience working as a team member to develop individual health plans for students. Ability to provide effective and clear communication with parents, students and staff regarding health issues.
Apply on line at: www.mahtomedi.k12.mn.us click on Human Resources, then Open Positions.
Follow directions to complete the application. Open Until Filled.
Forest Hills Elementary and Eden Lake Elementary (K-6)
The Licensed School Nurse will strengthen and facilitate the educational process by modifying or removing health related barriers to learning and will promote optimal levels of well-being in students and staff.
• License as a Registered Nurse, in accordance with the Minnesota Board of Nursing.
• License as a School Nurse, in accordance with the Minnesota Department of Education.
• Public Health Nurse Certification.
• Please click this link to learn more about Eden Prairie Schools: http://www.edenpr.org
• To click this link to learn more about this position and to apply: https://www.applitrack.com/edenpr/OnlineApp/default.aspx
Camp Butwin, a day camp in Eagan, MN, is seeking a Camp Nurse for summer of
2019. Camp Butwin is a lively, high energy, and FUN outdoor summer camp
located on 88 wooded acres in Eagan, MN.
Serving campers grades K-8, our ideal summer camp nurse is fun-loving,
energetic, and looking for a unique and special summer experience.
More information about our camp is available at www.campbutwin.org
The Camp Nurse is responsible for supervising health services and providing medical care to campers and staff on site at Camp Butwin.
The Camp Nurse is directly responsible to the Camp Director and is supervised by the Camp Physician.
1. Responsible for health care of children in camp. This includes the treatment of minor injuries and contacting the appropriate people in case of a more serious injury.
2. In the event of a medical emergency, the nurse is the person in charge of the situation in consultation with the Camp Director.
3. Responsible for the disbursement of all medications, including preparation of medications for trips and overnights.
4. Responsible for all medical records. Keeping and maintaining health records at camp and at the JCC. Checking to make sure each camper has a medical form and notifying parents of missing forms.
5. Assist in preparing a pre-camp orientation about first aid and emergency procedures.
6. Maintaining contact with parents regarding ongoing care (medication).
7. Responsible for some office duties (i.e. answering phone, taking messages) when it does not interfere with medical concerns.
8. Assist in maintaining attendance procedures and bussing information and related phone calls to maintain up to date records.
9. Attend family nights, Sunday open house, pre-camp administration meetings, in camp meetings and staff party at the discretion of the Camp Director.
10. Responsible to continuously evaluate your area to provide the best possible experience.
11. Prepare confidential list of all medical/health concerns regarding campers and staff.
12. Assist and complete other administrative tasks as requested by the Camp Director.
13. Check and issue first aid kits for trips outside of camp
1. Education/Certifications State of Minnesota Nursing License, Current
in CPR/AED and First Aid, and a valid Driver’s License
2. Experience Experience working with children and young adults
preferred. At least one year of experience in the field preferred.
3. Camp Specific Skills Able to proactively observe and comment on
medical or health hazards related to camp-grounds or programming.
Comfortable communicating with a variety of individuals, campers, staff,
and parents. Comfortable assessing and redirecting
inappropriate/unsafe camper or staff behavior if necessary. Able to
lift/assist campers or staff up to 40 LBS. Able to travel to all camp
sites/locations quickly.Cool under pressure, flexible, and comfortable multitasking. Fun-loving individuals with a desire to work in a campenvironment preferred!
To apply, please submit current resume, brief letter of intent stating
interest, and 2-3 professional references.
Ben Savin, Camp Butwin Director
651 255 476
Open until filled, but desired by March 15 2019
Contact Ben Savin, Camp Butwin Director for questions about the
Black Hills Middle School, Eagan MN, Independent School District #196
880 students grades 6-8
Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing with Public Health Nurse Certification and eligibility for Licensed School Nurse Credit for previous school nursing experience, pediatric experience preferred.
Link to application and job description
Contact Deb Mehr, Health Services Coordinator