One .879 FTE opening split between Eden Lake and Forest Hills Elementary buildings.
The Licensed School Nurse will strengthen and facilitate the educational process by modifying or removing health related barriers to learning and will promote optimal levels of well-being in students and staff.
• License as a Registered Nurse, in accordance with the Minnesota Board of Nursing.
• License as a School Nurse, in accordance with the Minnesota Department of Education.
• Public Health Nurse Certification.
• Please click this link to learn more about Eden Prairie Schools: http://www.edenpr.org
• To click this link to learn more about this position and to apply: https://www.applitrack.com/edenpr/OnlineApp/default.aspx
Camp Butwin, a day camp in Eagan, MN, is seeking a Camp Nurse for summer of
2019. Camp Butwin is a lively, high energy, and FUN outdoor summer camp
located on 88 wooded acres in Eagan, MN.
Serving campers grades K-8, our ideal summer camp nurse is fun-loving,
energetic, and looking for a unique and special summer experience.
More information about our camp is available at www.campbutwin.org
The Camp Nurse is responsible for supervising health services and providing medical care to campers and staff on site at Camp Butwin.
The Camp Nurse is directly responsible to the Camp Director and is supervised by the Camp Physician.
1. Responsible for health care of children in camp. This includes the treatment of minor injuries and contacting the appropriate people in case of a more serious injury.
2. In the event of a medical emergency, the nurse is the person in charge of the situation in consultation with the Camp Director.
3. Responsible for the disbursement of all medications, including preparation of medications for trips and overnights.
4. Responsible for all medical records. Keeping and maintaining health records at camp and at the JCC. Checking to make sure each camper has a medical form and notifying parents of missing forms.
5. Assist in preparing a pre-camp orientation about first aid and emergency procedures.
6. Maintaining contact with parents regarding ongoing care (medication).
7. Responsible for some office duties (i.e. answering phone, taking messages) when it does not interfere with medical concerns.
8. Assist in maintaining attendance procedures and bussing information and related phone calls to maintain up to date records.
9. Attend family nights, Sunday open house, pre-camp administration meetings, in camp meetings and staff party at the discretion of the Camp Director.
10. Responsible to continuously evaluate your area to provide the best possible experience.
11. Prepare confidential list of all medical/health concerns regarding campers and staff.
12. Assist and complete other administrative tasks as requested by the Camp Director.
13. Check and issue first aid kits for trips outside of camp
1. Education/Certifications State of Minnesota Nursing License, Current
in CPR/AED and First Aid, and a valid Driver’s License
2. Experience Experience working with children and young adults
preferred. At least one year of experience in the field preferred.
3. Camp Specific Skills Able to proactively observe and comment on
medical or health hazards related to camp-grounds or programming.
Comfortable communicating with a variety of individuals, campers, staff,
and parents. Comfortable assessing and redirecting
inappropriate/unsafe camper or staff behavior if necessary. Able to
lift/assist campers or staff up to 40 LBS. Able to travel to all camp
sites/locations quickly.Cool under pressure, flexible, and comfortable multitasking. Fun-loving individuals with a desire to work in a campenvironment preferred!
To apply, please submit current resume, brief letter of intent stating
interest, and 2-3 professional references.
Ben Savin, Camp Butwin Director
651 255 476
Open until filled, but desired by March 15 2019
Contact Ben Savin, Camp Butwin Director for questions about the
Black Hills Middle School, Eagan MN, Independent School District #196
880 students grades 6-8
Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing with Public Health Nurse Certification and eligibility for Licensed School Nurse Credit for previous school nursing experience, pediatric experience preferred.
Link to application and job description
Contact Deb Mehr, Health Services Coordinator
Position Type: Administration/Professional
Location: District Service Center (DSC) 5621 County Road 101, Minnetonka
• Supervise, coordinate, and provide leadership for the operations and staff of health services.
• Provide consultative services in the areas of 504 plans, individual health plans, IEP teams, wellness and health, health and safety, emergency preparedness, AEDs, First Aid and CPR, and immunizations.
• Develop and revise policy and procedures to ensure compliance with state and federal law and the MN Nurse Practice Act.
• Coordinate the nursing portion of third-party billing, assist in the implementation of billing expectations and procedures. This could include reviewing IEP’s, assisting with care plan development and training PCA’s.
• Provide system-wide and school-wide approaches to promote health, a positive school climate, and reduce barriers to learning.
• Plan and network with community partners to support student health and well-being.
• Interpret health mandates, recommendations and trends to school personnel.
• Manage Health Services budget, approve expenditures and payroll processing.
• Serve as a resource to staff.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• BSN nursing degree from accredited university or college program.
• Master’s degree in nursing, public health, or education.
• Advanced practice nursing degree or clinical specialist preferred.
• Five years relevant clinical and administrative nursing practice in school health/community health, child-adolescent mental health, other related administrative practice.
• Membership and active participation in professional state and national nursing and educational organizations such as School Nurse Organization of Minnesota, National Association of School Nurses, Minnesota Nurses Association, Minnesota Public Health Association.
• Current Minnesota Licensed School Nurse.
• Demonstrated ability to apply appropriate skills in performing daily routines.
• Demonstrated ability to operate a computer, software and necessary technology.
• Ability to develop effective and positive working relationships with students, staff, administrators, parents, and the community.
• Maintain professional composure while dealing with a variety of personalities and situations.
• Show initiative and function as a self-starter.
• Strong communication skills and interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction
Click this link for more information:
Robyn Klinker, 952-401-5016
Intermediate District 287 is seeking qualified candidates for a Licensed School Nurse for West Education Center in Minnetonka
This class is accountable for coordinating and assessing health issues relevant to the educational setting. Supervises and monitors paraprofessionals regarding specific health areas, may provide health-related services in specialized programs.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
General Experience: One (1) year of experience as a professional registered nurse (RN) with six (6) months in school health services, public health, hospital or psychiatric nursing. Licensed School Nurse (LSN) preferred.
Special Requirement: Incumbents in this class must possess and retain a license as a Registered Professional Nurse in Minnesota.
LICENSURES, CERTIFICATIONS AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Licensure by the Minnesota Department of Education as a Licensed School Nurse and CPR certification is required. Public Health Nursing Certificate and First Aid certification are preferred.
• All applications are reviewed on an ongoing basis. If selected for an interview, an online form will be emailed to the candidate.
• First round interviews are conducted via the online form. The form must be completed to be considered for an in-person interview.
*This Position is Eligible for a $3,000 Signing Bonus!*
Various locations in Minnesota, including near Bemidji, Cass Lake, Dent, and
Number of Students: 75-200 per week
The Language Villages’ summer youth program has 1 to 4+ week ‘Village/School
Nurse’ RN position openings in a variety of Language Villages. Our nurse managed Health
Centers very much need the skill set and enthusiasm you can bring; a school nursing background
is a good compliment to what we’re looking for!
If you’re not familiar with Concordia Language Villages, we are a summer educational program
that immerses villagers (our word for “camper”) aged 8-18 in both language and culture. We
replicate what it’s like to be in a country that speaks one of our 15 world languages. Each village
is immersed in the target language, including dance, music, and of course the cuisine. Your part
is to operate our health center, your job is in English, and we pay you to soak this up. This is a
great way to use your professional skills while also building your cultural health and language
Here is the link to our website: http://www.concordialanguagevillages.org/
We still have openings, and we are still offering a substantial signing bonus. We also pay for you
to become Wilderness First Aid (WFA) certified and Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) certified,
both of which offer CE’s.
RN license, CPR/First Aid certification, school or camp nursing experience preferred.
Apply at https://hr.cord.edu/postings/4969
Questions? Contact Kira Frisby, Manager of Health Services,
Edina Public Schools, District 273. Valleyview Middle School. JobID #5862.
Number of Students: 750.
Grade Levels, 6-8
Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing with Public Health Nurse Certification and eligibility for Licensed School Nurse Credit for previous school nursing experience, adolescent or pediatric experience preferred.
Contact Mary Heiman, Health Services Coordinator
One full-time opening split between 2-3 buildings
Grade Levels: K-12
Responsible for applying the nursing process (assessment, planning, delivery, assurance and evaluation) to coordinated health care for individual students and the population of students including training, delegation monitoring and supervision of health care delivered by Health Services Assistants, Licensed Practical Nurses and/or other school staff.
• Requires licensure as a Registered Nurse; Public Health Nurse Certification and MN licensure as a School Nurse.
• Public Health certification from Minnesota Board of Nursing
• Current CPR certification for the Healthcare Professional and current First Aid certification.
Please click this link to learn more about St. Louis Park Public Schools:
Please click this link to learn more about this position and to apply, search for Job ID 1641: https://www.applitrack.com/slpschools/onlineapp/
South Campus, Bellaire Education Center, Work Exploration Life Skills - North
Coordinates all health related evaluations and programs for students. Provides direction to other health service staff and unlicensed assistant personnel. Promotes health education with school staff. Serves as liaison with the school and the medical community and provides specialized in-services on school health related services.
Requires a Bachelor's degree in Nursing, R.N. License, and a Public School Nurse License.
Openings in elementary schools and specialized programs
Bachelor's degree in Nursing and the following:
Currently licensed as a Professional Registered Nurse by the Minnesota Board of Nursing.
Currently certified as a Public Health Nurse (PHN) by the Minnesota Board of Nursing.
Currently licensed as a Public School Nurse by the Minnesota Department of Education (if not currently licensed, will be required to obtain license.)
Experience working in a school setting.
Experience working as a nurse in either a Public Health or Pediatric setting.
Visit https://www.spps.org/Domain/13046 and choose Prospective Employees if you have not worked for SPPS previously to access employment application.
No deadline to apply for positions.
You can also visit the Student Health and Wellness website at: https://www.spps.org/studentwellness for an overview of our program.