This team provides health consultation services to K-12 charter schools to ensure the best possible school health care for students. Licensed School Nurses design individual programs to meet the needs of students and staff, guiding schools in compliance with federal and state requirements, and availing them of best practices in the area of school health services.
We provide school health consultation services to area schools (typically charter schools) who often are too small to employ their own nurse. As Licensed School Nurses, we provide a variety of services depending on the school and their needs:
Set up, administration and management of the school health program:
Development and management of school health records (adequate documentation; assuring privacy and awareness of state and federal requirements)
Guidance given to the management of minor illness and injury
Review of student health needs and subsequent health planning for students with chronic health needs and/or potentially life-threatening conditions—development of emergency and individual health plans (Interacting with parents, health providers, and education staff)
Review of immunizations and state reporting
Participation in special education and other disability assessments and planning for students with disabilities (either through special education services or “504” accommodations or individual health plans)
General staff trainings in area of emergency medication administration and Blood-borne Pathogen/ Employee Right-to-Know classes
Referral to community resources
• Graduation from an accredited school of nursing
• Must have licensure as a Registered Nurse in Minnesota.
• Certification as a Public Health Nurse in Minnesota.
• Licensed as a School Nurse or eligible to obtain it within 3 months.
• Minimum of one year RN experience preferred.
• Must be able to provide insured vehicle for transportation with a valid driver’s license.
• Master's degree in nursing from an accredited college
• School nurse/ pediatric professional nursing (RN) experience
Website where an application may be downloaded:
Look for “Staff Nurse - School Nurse Consultation- Job #170851”
Jill Johnson, Team Supervisor
Mahtomedi Middle School
The LSN is responsible for coordinating health care for individual students in order to meet all health care needs in a school setting. This position will work primarily at the Middle School building and assist with special ed assessments.
MN LSN licensure required. Previous experience working in public schools with special education and medically fragile students preferred. Experience working as a team member to develop individual health plans for students. Ability to provide effective and clear communication with parents, students and staff regarding health issues.
Nicole Flesner-Human Resource Manager
St. Louis County Schools, ISD 2142 is a rural school district located across beautiful northern Minnesota. Enjoy a rewarding position working with children and staff in a close knit K-12 environment. Our diverse group of professionals enjoy a positive team atmosphere and work-life balance with competitive benefits and salaries.
This position is responsible for directing the Student Health Services Department within the scope of practice for a licensed school nurse. The Director of Health Services is responsible for creating an atmosphere that provides for continuity of health services for our students. This is accomplished by providing clear direction and expectations to all health office employees about the philosophy of the area in which they work. This position will be directly involved in the on-site supervision of health office assistants, and licensed school nurses, as well as participate in the implementation of Special Education IEPs, IHPs, and emergency health care plans.
Additional responsibilities and qualifications include but are not limited to:
• Participate in the Special Education process including completion of third party reimbursement documentation.
• Provide classroom instruction in health-related topics as requested.
• Determine and recommend acquisition of supplies, equipment, and references needed to maintain an effective school health service program.
• Interpret health findings for educational staff regarding impact of health concerns on learning and accommodations required at school.
• Manage, develop and implement individual health plans (IHP) and emergency health plans (EHP) for students with health conditions that require accommodations to attend school.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Registered Nursing from an accredited institute
• Active RN Licensure & Public Health Certificate from MN Board of Nursing
• An active licensure from Minnesota Board of Teaching for LSN must be obtained.
• Current BLS/First Aid Certificate
• Competitive paid time off
• 180 annual work days – Summers Off!
• $50,000 Life Insurance Policy
• VEBA Health Insurance Policies through BlueCross BlueShield
• Delta Dental Insurance
To begin an application for this licensure, please visit:
Meredith Erickson, HR Director 218.749.8130 Ext 1108
Shattuck- St. Mary’s, an independent college preparatory boarding/day school (grades 6 –postgraduate) in Faribault, Minnesota is seeking a registered nurse. Shattuck St. Mary’s school consists of 488 students from all over the country and the world. This position reports directly to the Director of Nursing.
• Minnesota License as Registered Nurse
• Licensed as a School Nurse
• Current CPR and First Aid certification
• Resides within a 15 minute drive of SSM campus
• Experience working with children and adolescents
• Experience with day to day tasks of a medical office or department
• Excellent communication skills (ability to work collaboratively with medical providers, faculty, students, and parents)
• Must be flexible, have ability to adapt to ever changing situations
• Kind, caring, generous and patient personality
• Knowledge of immunization requirements
• Punctual and able to prioritize tasks appropriately
• Certified or willing to become certified as a first aid/CPR/AED instructor
• Creative and innovative
• Excellent assessment and problem solving skills
Mrs. Emily Mjelleli, BSN, RN
Director of Nursing
Kramer House Health Center
Shattuck St. Mary’s School
Office: (507) 333-1644
Woodbury Elementary School
1251 School Drive
Woodbury, MN 55125
Crestview Elementary/Nuevas Fronteras SI
7830 80th Street S.
Cottage Grove, MN 55016
1. Carry out responsibilities as defined by the master contract.
2. Carry out responsibilities as defined by the principal.
3. Maintain good communication and cooperation with staff and parents.
MN Licensure as a Public School Nurse
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
December 22, 2017 or when filled
All materials, including online application, letter of interest and resume, must be posted @ www.sowashco.k12.mn.us before close of posting
Job ID 7297
Tammy John, DNP, APRN, CNP
Licensed School Nurse
Phone: 651-425-5820 Fax: 651-425-5815