About Camp Fire Minnesota
Camp Fire Minnesota “lights the spark” in over 5,000 K-12 youth each year through nature-based experiences. Our programs include summer camp, STEM, environmental education, and teambuilding school field trips at Tanadoona, in-school STEM and environmental education, and community-based before/after-school and summer nature programs.
We are proud to offer inclusive and welcoming programs to all youth. To this end, over 40% of youth who participate in Camp Fire Minnesota programs receive financial aid. As a result of their Camp Fire experience, 90% of youth report valuing nature and stewarding the environment.
Our summer camps at Tanadoona in Chanhassen and Camp Bluewater in Grand Rapids offer youth and teens progressive, nature-based learning through day, specialty day, overnight, adventure and leadership development camps. Tanadoona is an ACA accredited camp.
3300 Tanadoona Dr.
Excelsior, MN 55331
• Order supplies as for health office
• Sets up health office (physical environment, organize supplies, laptop, etc.)
• Updates and organizes health forms, policies, records, procedures, etc.
• Conducts staff in-service, teaching topics including camper and staff health and safety (blood borne pathogens, life-threatening allergies, chronic health conditions) and health office procedures.
• Meets individually with all staff to review personal health history and needs including storage of their medication.
Camp Session Duties:
• Reviews health needs of all campers prior to each session. Create health plans as needed.
• Communicates camper health needs to staff on an as needed basis before camper arrives.
• When camper arrives, review with parent all campers’ health information and needs.
• Double checks that all items camper needs for taking medication are available at camp or parent has supplied
• Completes medication schedule/distribution and communicate plan to staff per cabin group
• Creates medication distribution plan and implement (ex. unit dose system).
• Follow camper medication schedules and ensure proper medication distribution and delegate to Health and Wellness Coordinator as needed.
• Facilitates to other camper/staff health related needs throughout camp session
• Attends to any medical/first aid needs during camp session
• Acts as a liaison with Tanadoona Health Team, local doctors, hospitals, and pharmacies.
• Be on call or available at all times during camp session
• Notifies Outdoor Programs Manager of serious behavior, injuries or illnesses of campers or staff. Complete camp accident report per guidelines.
• Works as a team, help each other out, and communicate needs directly to Outdoor Programs Manager
• At the end of each session, packs up any remaining medications or supplies and directs Health and Wellness Coordinator to return to parents/caregiver at camper pick-up
• When medications are left at camp, notifies parents and arrange a pick-up plan.
Post Camp Duties:
• Inventories all health supplies and stock medication. Create inventory needs list for the next year.
• Updates all health office documentation
• Current Minnesota Registered Nurse State license, in good standing
• Minimum three years’ experience in an acute care setting, preferably ED or Urgent Care
• Current CPR and First Aid certification
• Respect and maintain confidentiality of all camper and staff health information.
• Experience working with children and adolescents
• Excellent communication skills (ability to work collaboratively with staff, campers, and parents)
• Must be flexible, have ability to adapt to ever changing situations
• Kind, caring, generous and patient personality
• Creative and innovative
• Excellent problem-solving skills and organized
• Self-directed and demonstrates positive le
Submit an application, found here.
Mail: Camp Fire Minnesota, Attn: Camp Staff, 4829 Minnetonka Boulevard, Suite 202, St. Louis Park, MN 55416
Licensed School Nurse- 7.5 hrs/day
School of Environmental Studies
12155 Johnny Cake Ridge Road Apple Valley MN 55124
Approximately 337 students made up of 11th and 12th graders only
Licensed School Nurse- 7.5 hrs/day
Westview Elementary School 225 Garden View Dr Apple Valley MN 55124
Approximately 430 students grade K-5
1. Support and promote a safe and healthy school environment
2. Assess, educate, refer and provide nursing care
3. Maintain positive collaborative relationships in the school community
4. Develop, implement and monitor Individual Health Plans (IHPs) and 504 Plans
5. Complete Health Assessment and Screening for Special Education Assessments
6. Collaborate with school, family and community agencies to support students with health conditions providing access to their education
7. Complete daily record keeping and medication administration via computer program
8. Support student education in self-management of health tasks
9. Delegate and train staff to support students in health tasks
10. Assist with the third party billing for qualified students
11. Provides health services to strengthen and facilitate the educational process by modifying or removing health-related barriers to learning for students
12. Promote an optimal level of wellness of students and staff by providing preventive health services facilitating a healthy community
13. Promotes and assists in the control of communicable diseases
• Collaborate with school personnel, students, family members and community agencies for student health support in school
• Exercise professional judgment in making decisions
• Demonstrate a genuine interest in student health and educational needs
• Organizational and time management skills
• Ability to work independently and a self-starter
• Use a computer and various software applications
1. Bachelor of Science in Nursing, current Minnesota RN licensure, public health certificate
2. Licensed School Nurse (LSN) form Minnesota Department of Education/PELSB or ability to meet MDE requirements
3. Experience coordinating care for students with chronic health conditions
4. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
5. Three years of nursing experience preferred
6. Has demonstrated proficiency in working with a diverse school community preferred
7. Able to work independently in a fast-paced office
8. Understanding and knowledge of the following competencies:
a. Pediatric/adolescent nursing-child development
b. Public health/community health and mental health nursing
c. Crisis intervention and emergency management, including CPR certification
d. Infectious disease
e. Special Education services
f. Ability to perform skilled nursing care such as catheterization, suctioning, gastrostomy tube feedings, insulin administration and nebulizer treatments, etc.
Application Deadline March 18, 2020
Apply here: https://www.applitrack.com/district196/OnlineApp/default.aspx?Category=Nursing
Contact: Deb Mehr, MSN, RN, LSN, NCSN
Health Services Coordinator
Rosemount, Apple Valley, Eagan School District
3455 153rd St West Rosemount MN 55068
(651) 423-7909 (651) 423-7627 FAX