This team provides health consultation services to K-12 charter schools to ensure the best possible school health care for students. Licensed School Nurses design individual programs to meet the needs of students and staff, guiding schools in compliance with federal and state requirements, and availing them of best practices in the area of school health services.
Contracts are with multiple charter schools throughout the Metro area
We provide school health consultation services to area schools (typically charter schools) who often are too small to employ their own nurse. As Licensed School Nurses, we provide a variety of services depending on the school and their needs:
• Set up, administration and management of the school health program:
o Development and management of school health records (adequate documentation; assuring privacy and awareness of state and federal requirements)
o Guidance given to the management of minor illness and injury
o Review of student health needs and subsequent health planning for students with chronic health needs and/or potentially life-threatening conditions— development of emergency and individual health plans (Interacting with parents, health providers, and education staff)
o Review of immunizations and state reporting
• Participation in special education and other disability assessments and planning for students with disabilities (either through special education services or “504” accommodations or individual health plans)
• General staff trainings in area of emergency medication administration and Blood-borne Pathogen/ Employee Right-to-Know classes
• Referral to community resources
• Graduation from an accredited school of nursing
• Must have licensure as a Registered Nurse in Minnesota.
• Certification as a Public Health Nurse in Minnesota.
• Licensed as a School Nurse or eligible to obtain it within 3 months.
• Minimum of one year RN experience
• Must be able to provide insured vehicle for transportation with a valid driver’s license.
• School nurse/ pediatric/public health professional nursing (RN) experience
Application can be made at:
Look for “Staff Nurse - School Nurse Consultation- Job # 1191627”