ABOUT THE PROGRAM:
Our typical 2-day workshop for School Nurses provides a framework for practice for nurses new to the school nursing role. Due to COVID-19, we are unable to hold this workshop in person. As a result, we are offering essential information for anyone new to school nursing.
Registrants will get concise “need to know” help for the start of the year by electronic format, at least one online meeting mid-year and key resource links. Content will take less than 4 hours to review. Go at your own pace. Topics covered:
- Communicable diseases in a school environment
- Immunization requirements
- Medication administration in schools
- Documentation- HIPAA and FERPA
- Emergency care plans/Individualized Health Plans
- Resources for COVID-19 and school planning
- And more!
Plan to attend the full two-day in person program in August 2021
This program is offered at no cost due to support from the School Nurse Organization of Minnesota (SNOM). Content will be available by mid- August, 2020. Register here to receive the link when it becomes available.