Edison HS 1.0 FTE
LSN is responsible for coordinating health care for individual students and the population of students including training, delegation, monitoring and supervision of health care delivered by Health Services Assistants, Licensed Practical Nurses and/or other school staff. Member of Special Education team providing nursing assessments and educational support services to special needs students.
Complete online application at http://jobs.mpls.k12.mn.us/job/Minneapolis-2014-15-Candidate-Pool-Licensed-School-Nurse-MN-55401/58965300/
ALSO contact Carmen Teskey, Nursing Services Manager if interested
Phone – 612-668-0863 (desk) or 612-290-9541 (cell)
Anoka Hennepin ISD 11 Elementary School Nurse
BSN and LSN licensure
Apply on line at http://anoka.k12.mn.us/
Cynthia Hiltz, Health Service Coordinator
South Education Center (Richfield)
Intermediate District 287 is seeking qualified candidates for a Registered School Nurse position for special education programs at South Education Center. This position is accountable for coordinating and assessing health issues relevant to the educational setting including screening and participation in Special Education Child Study Team. Supervises and evaluates health assistants and other paraprofessionals regarding specific health areas, may provide health-related services in specialized programs. Previous ALC (Area Learning Center) and infant and toddler experience is preferred.
General Experience: One (1) year of experience as a registered professional nurse with six (6) months in public health, hospital or psychiatric nursing. Experience working wtih at-risk youth in a special education setting is preferred. Two (2) years experience as a (LPN) Licensed Practical Nurse working in a public health, hospital, psychiatric or school setting.
Eligible candidates are required to have a Bachelor's degree in Nursing, see additional certification requirements below.
Requires licensure by the Minnesota Department of Education as a School Nurse (LSN Certfication), a current Registered Nurse license, CPR certified, and current Public Health Nurse certification.
Preferred Certifications: First Aid certification is also preferred.
Contact: Mitch Cooper, 1820 Xenium Lane N, Plymouth, MN. 55441
District Web Site: http://www.district287.org/
Eagan High School
Grades 9-12 2030 students – single building
1. Support and promote a safe and healthy school environment.
2. Assess, educate, refer and provide medical care.
3. Maintain positive collaborative relationships in the school community.
4. Develop and monitor IHPs (Individualized Health Plans) and participate in IEPs (Individualized Education Plans) as appropriate.
5. Complete daily record keeping and medication administration via computer program.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing, current Minnesota RN licensure, public health certificate.
2. School Nurse Licensure (LSN) form Minnesota Department of Education or ability to meet MDE requirements.
3. Ability to perform skilled nursing care such as catheterization, suctioning, gastrostomy tube feedings, insulin administration and nebulizer treatments, etc.
4. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
5. Three years of nursing experience.
6. CPR certified.
7. Able to work independently in a fast-paced office.
8. Understanding and knowledge of the following competencies helpful:
Pediatric/adolescent nursing-child development
Public health/community health nursing
Health counseling, mental health and crisis intervention
Special Education services
Ethnic and cultural inclusion
Management of chronic diseases
Deadline: January 7th
Joan Bertelsen RN, LSN
Health Services Coordinator
Rosemount, Apple Valley, Eagan School District
Lead School Nurses/Coordinators who are SNOM members are invited to post current LSN position openings on this webpage at No Charge. Non SNOM members wishing to post LSN positions may do so for a charge of $100 per job position. Job postings must be in a Word format and e-mailed to the web editor (email@example.com) by Wednesday to be posted on the Webpage by Sunday. Listings will remain on the website for 30 days only.