Long Call Reserve Licensed School Nurse from Mid-September through December
LSN is responsible for coordinating health care for individual students and thepopulation of students including training, delegation, monitoring, and supervision of health care delivered by Health Services Associates, Licensed Practical Nurses, Registered Nurses and/or other school staff. Member of the Special Education team providing nursing assessments and educational support services to special needs students. Provide consultation and assistance to school staff members regarding health education. Participate in Third Party Billing Reimbursement program.
Required Licensure: Current MN Teaching License: Licensed School Nurse
Required Experience: Experience working in public schools with special education and medically fragile students preferred. Experience working as a team member to develop individual health plans for students. Background in communicating with parents and staff regarding health issues
Apply online: http://www.bloomington.k12.mn.us/staff/job-opportunities
Eileen Kern, District Health Service Supervisor 952-681-6518
MVNA has an immediate opening for a part-time Licensed School Nurse Consultant (LSN), working flexible week-day hours with K-12 public charter and alternative schools in Minneapolis, St. Paul and surrounding suburbs. This position offers you the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of students and staff. As a consultant, you will educate and guide schools towards having a compliant and positive school health program. Hours are not guaranteed but we expect staff to be available up to 19 hours per week during the school year.
Responsible for applying the nursing process (assessment, planning, delivery, assurance and evaluation) to coordinated health care for individual students and the population of students including training, delegation, monitoring and supervision of health care delivered by Health Services Assistants, Licensed Practical Nurses and/or other school staff. Member of the Special Education team providing nursing assessments and educational support services to students with special needs.
▪ Manage the care of individual students with special health needs through assessment, planning, assurance and evaluation. Interpret health findings for educational staff regarding impact of health concerns on learning and accommodations required at school. Interpret to medical providers the school related needs of students.
▪ Conduct health reviews and school nurse health assessments (when necessary) on students being evaluated for special education or receiving special education services.
▪ Participate on IEP (Individual Education Plan) team for students with health/sensory/physical concerns or impairments that may interfere with learning including providing special education related services (direct and/or indirect) in the area of health/physical when needed.
▪ Develop and implement individual health plans (IHP) and emergency health plans (EHP) for students with handicapping health conditions that require accommodations to attend school.
▪ Perform skilled nursing procedures, and delegate nursing care procedures when appropriate (see delegation guidelines) including planning, training, monitoring and supervision of delegation using clear written plans for delegates to follow.
▪ Participate on a multidisciplinary team that promotes student resiliency and may address the physical and social/emotional health needs of students and plan interventions.
▪ Assist students and families in obtaining health care in the community by referrals to appropriate providers and agencies.
Please apply online via https://www.applitrack.com/slpschools/onlineapp/default.aspx?all=1
go toAll Jobs for “School Nurse” Job ID 890
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other protected characteristics.
1300 students, Grades K-12, Multiple Buildings
Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred
Public Health Certification
School Nursing Certification
Current Minnesota State Registered Nurse.
Current CPR Certification
Apply online: www.recoverhealth.org
Matt Zimmer/Branch Manager
Lead School Nurses/Coordinators who are SNOM members are invited to post current LSN position openings on this webpage at No Charge. Non SNOM members wishing to post LSN positions may do so for a charge of $100 per job position. Job postings must be in a Word format and e-mailed to the web editor (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Wednesday to be posted on the Webpage by Sunday. Listings will remain on the website for 30 days only.