Multiple buildings: Elementary, Middle, and High School
Bachelor's degree in Nursing and the following:
• Currently licensed as a Professional Registered Nurse by the Minnesota Board of Nursing.
• Currently certified as a Public Health Nurse (PHN) by the Minnesota Board of Nursing.
• Currently licensed as a Public School Nurse by the Minnesota Department of Education (if
not currently licensed, will be required to obtain license.)
Apply online: www.elkriver.k12.mn.us/employment
Jane Riesberg, Coordinator of Health Services 763-241-3433
Community School of Excellence is a Hmong Charter School with grades K-8. There are over 900 students.
Keep current records of student:
Prepared health reports for administrators, board of education and health department.
Develop policies, procedures and work standards for school health program:
Negotiate professional and medical services essential to the school health program
Provide staff development and collaboration with staff:
Maintenance of the office:
Other duties as assigned .
LSN certification required
Experience working in a school environment preferred
Bilingual in Hmong language preferred but not required
Knowledge of community agencies to help students and their families
Community School of Excellence School District #4181, 170 Rose Ave West, St. Paul, MN 55117
Please submit the following:
1. Letter of interest
2. Current Resume
3. Completed CSE Application
Minneapolis Public Schools is accepting school nurse applications for the following schools:
Complete online application at: http://jobs.mpls.k12.mn.us/
Mahtomedi High School & Mahtomedi Middle School Special Education
Must have current RN licensure and School Nurse Licensure.
Ability to work collaboratively with staff, students, and parents to achieve building and District goals.
Previous experience working in the school or pediatric setting.
INTERESTED APPLICANTS SHOULD APPLY ON LINE at:
www.mahtomedi.k12.mn.us click on Administration, then Employment.
Follow directions to complete the on-line application. Thank you!
Applications must be completed by 11/12/15
Albany Area Schools, Albany, MN
823 students; Grade Levels 7-12
Application can be done through Applitrack - link is on the school district website: www.albany.k12.mn.us
The School of Nursing, University of Minnesota, seeks a 80% time Registered Nurse Interventionist for a school-based, secondary obesity prevention intervention for 8 to12 year old children and a parent. This is a date-specific annually renewable appointment, available 1/19/2016, with funding through 12/15/2017
Primary responsibilities of this position include: 1) participate in the development and/or revision of all study-related intervention materials and protocols, 2) deliver intervention sessions to child and parent to include small groups and home visiting; 3) assist in training of intervention staff, particularly nursing student staff; 4) supervise nursing student staff in the field; 5) assist with coordination of intervention activities with the partnering school district and other community-based partners; 5) assist with research participant recruitment and eligibility screening; 6) assist with measurement and evaluation activities, and 8) support the dissemination of project results and other deliverables, such as intervention training.
Apply online to:
Posting number: 305902
Address questions to:
Marti Kubik, PhD, RN - Principal Investigator
University of Minnesota School of Nursing
5-140 Weaver-Densford Hall
District School Nurse, Non Publics, and ECSE
Responsible for applying the nursing process (assessment, planning, delivery, assurance and evaluation) to coordinated health care for individual students and the population of students including training, delegation, monitoring and supervision of health care delivered by Health Services Assistants, Licensed Practical Nurses and/or other school staff. Member of the Special Education team providing nursing assessments and educational support services to students with special needs.
▪ Manage the care of individual students with special health needs through assessment, planning, assurance and evaluation. Interpret health findings for educational staff regarding impact of health concerns on learning and accommodations required at school. Interpret to medical providers the school related needs of students.
▪ Conduct health reviews and school nurse health assessments (when necessary) on students being evaluated for special education or receiving special education services.
▪ Participate on IEP (Individual Education Plan) team for students with health/sensory/physical concerns or impairments that may interfere with learning including providing special education related services (direct and/or indirect) in the area of health/physical when needed.
▪ Develop and implement individual health plans (IHP) and emergency health plans (EHP) for students with handicapping health conditions that require accommodations to attend school.
▪ Perform skilled nursing procedures, and delegate nursing care procedures when appropriate (see delegation guidelines) including planning, training, monitoring and supervision of delegation using clear written plans for delegates to follow.
▪ Participate on a multidisciplinary team that promotes student resiliency and may address the physical and social/emotional health needs of students and plan interventions.
▪ Assist students and families in obtaining health care in the community by referrals to appropriate providers and agencies.
Please apply online via https://www.applitrack.com/slpschools/onlineapp/default.aspx?all=1
go to “All Jobs” for School Nurse, Job ID 890
Lead School Nurses/Coordinators who are SNOM members are invited to post current LSN position openings on this webpage at No Charge. Non SNOM members wishing to post LSN positions may do so for a charge of $100 per job position. Job postings must be in a Word format and e-mailed to the web editor (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Wednesday to be posted on the Webpage by Sunday. Listings will remain on the website for 30 days only.