Southview Elementary in Apple Valley
Grades K-5 Enrollment of 625
1. Support and promote a safe and healthy school environment.
2. Assess, educate, refer and provide medical care.
3. Maintain positive collaborative relationships in the school community.
4. Develop and monitor IHPs (Individualized Health Plans) and participate in IEPs (Individualized Education Plans) as appropriate.
5. Complete daily record keeping and medication administration via computer program.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing, current Minnesota RN licensure, public health certificate.
2. School Nurse Licensure (LSN) form Minnesota Department of Education or ability to meet MDE requirements.
3. Ability to perform skilled nursing care such as catheterization, suctioning, gastrostomy tube feedings, insulin administration and nebulizer treatments, etc.
4. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
5. Three years of nursing experience.
6. CPR certified.
7. Able to work independently in a fast-paced office.
8. Understanding and knowledge of the following competencies helpful:
Pediatric/adolescent nursing-child development
Public health/community health nursing
Health counseling, mental health and crisis intervention
Special Education services
Ethnic and cultural inclusion
Management of chronic diseases
Deadline: March 4, 2015
Joan Bertelsen RN, LSN
Health Services Coordinator
Rosemount, Apple Valley, Eagan School District
St. Paul Public Schools is accepting pool school nurse applications for current positions and positions that will become available for the 201-16 school year. School nurses will be hired for elementary and secondary positions, with enrollment varying from 300 - 1800 students. Assignments may include single school or multiple schools, including non-public schools and special education programs.
Bachelor's degree in Nursing and the following:
• Currently licensed as a Professional Registered Nurse by the Minnesota Board of Nursing.
• Currently certified as a Public Health Nurse (PHN) by the Minnesota Board of Nursing.
• Currently licensed as a Public School Nurse by the Minnesota Department of Education (if
not currently licensed, will be required to obtain license.)
• Experience working in a school setting.
• Experience working as a nurse in either a Public Health or Pediatric setting.
Go to the Human Resource website for more information and to apply: http://hr.spps.org/Search_Jobs_and_Apply.html
We have an immediate opening for a part-time Licensed School Nurse Consultant (LSN), working flexible week-day hours with K-12 public charter and alternative schools in Minneapolis, St. Paul and surrounding suburbs. This position offers you the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of students and staff. As a consultant, you will educate and guide schools towards having a compliant and positive school health program.
Lead School Nurses/Coordinators who are SNOM members are invited to post current LSN position openings on this webpage at No Charge. Non SNOM members wishing to post LSN positions may do so for a charge of $100 per job position. Job postings must be in a Word format and e-mailed to the web editor (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Wednesday to be posted on the Webpage by Sunday. Listings will remain on the website for 30 days only.