LSN is responsible for coordinating health care for individual students and the population of students including training, delegation, monitoring and supervision of health care delivered by Health Services Assistants, Licensed Practical Nurses and/or other school staff. Member of Special Education team providing nursing assessments and educational support services to special needs students.
Complete online application at http://jobs.mpls.k12.mn.us/job/Minneapolis-2014-15-Candidate-Pool-Licensed-School-Nurse-MN-55401/58965300/
ALSO contact Carmen Teskey, Nursing Services Manager if interested
Phone – 612-668-0863 (desk) or 612-290-9541
LSN is responsible for coordinating health care for individual students and the population of students including training, delegation, monitoring and supervision of health care delivered by Health Services Associates, Licensed Practical Nurses, Registered Nurses and/or other school staff. Members of the Special Education team providing nursing assessments and educational support services to special needs students. Provide consultation and assistance to teachers regarding health education. Participate in Third Party Billing Reimbursement program.
Experience working in public schools with special education and medically fragile students preferred. Experience working as team member to develop individual health plans for students. Background in communicating with parents and staff regarding health issues.
Submit online application, cover letter, and resume by going to:
Please refer to posting LI-14-030 when applying
Earle Brown Elementary School
Manage the administration of student medications. Identify health problems of students through health assessment, health histories, review of health records, and screening programs. Promote and maintain optimal health and well-being of students, families and school personnel. Maintain and update student health and immunization health records. Perform health assessments for IEP evaluations. Assists students and parents in identifying and utilizing available and appropriate community health resources.
B.S. in Nursing, current RN license & Public Health or School Nurse licensure.
Application materials are online at www.brooklyncenterschools.org
Phone: 763-561-4480 Ext:4020
Athlos Leadership Academy is a Pre-Kindergarten through Eighth grade nationally recognized public charter school located in Brooklyn Park, MN. We are currently interviewing for the following school position for the upcoming 2014 – 2015 school year. Please visit our website at http://www.athlosbrooklynpark.org/ for more information.
1. Provide planning, intervention, evaluation and reassessment for students with chronic health conditions and/or disabilities in the special or general education setting. This includes student and parent interviews, conferences, referral and follow-up, health teaching and counseling concerning development and health issues related to successful student learning.
2. Provide direct professional nursing services such as first aid, illness and emergency care, medication administration, etc., and mandated reporter responsibilities.
3. Participate in maintaining accurate medical records to assure compliance with state mandates including immunizations, physical examinations and medical conditions using school technology.
4. Perform mandated screening procedures for hearing and vision.
5. Follow state and county guidelines for reporting contagious conditions and informing families and staff.
6. Perform other duties of a similar nature or level.
Must have a valid Minnesota school nurse license or equivalent license.
Past school setting experience preferred, but not required.
You may mail or fax them if you prefer to:
Athlos Leadership Academy, Attention: Staci Eddy
10100 Noble Parkway North
Brooklyn Park, MN 55443
Lead School Nurses/Coordinators who are SNOM members are invited to post current LSN position openings on this webpage at No Charge. Non SNOM members wishing to post LSN positions may do so for a charge of $100 per job position. Job postings must be in a Word format and e-mailed to the web editor (email@example.com) by Wednesday to be posted on the Webpage by Sunday. Listings will remain on the website for 30 days only.